Oats aren't just reserved for porridge you know!
Get your dose of this wonderful wholegrain in pancake format and take advantage of the multitude of pumpkins in the supermarkets at the moment.
For this recipe I used my home made Pumpkin Butter to add a bit of ZING.
PUMPKIN OATMEAL PANCAKES
30g Plain Wholemeal Flour
3 tablespoons of Pumpkin Butter
100ml Milk (I used Alpro Almond Milk)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
Extra seasoning (Cinnamon, Vanilla Essence) and Sugar/Sweetener to taste
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, salt) in a bowl.
2. Add the egg, milk and pumpkin butter to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan (medium to high heat) and use either a spray oil or butter to grease the pan.
When the pan is hot start pouring the mixture into a pan (about a tablespoon of mixture per pancake).
4. When the pancake starts to take shape and bubbles appear evenly across the uncooked surface (around a minute of cooking) then FLIP the pancake and cook for a further 30 seconds until both sides are nicely golden brown (and not charred like mine!).
5. Repeat until you have used all the mixture and serve with some lovely toppings!
I topped mine with some greek yogurt mixed with cinnamon, pumpkin butter, melted peanut butter, chopped almonds and dessicated coconut.
I bet this would also be yummy with some banana and maple syrup on top!