Monday 31 March 2014

OUT AND ABOUT | DORSHI

This is more of a tribute post to some wonderful people who I have spent time with over the past month.
Dorshi, Asian inspired street food from Dorset were in March's round of Trinity Kitchen traders. Interested in their concept they took me under their wing and let me come and see what being a street food trader is all about.


Radhika and Jolly, partners in crime of bringing you delicious dumplings, were my guardians for the past few weekends. Exchanging my dumpling crimping and kitchen assisting skills for great company, knowledge and insight into a passion of mine which is street food.


Feeding the Leeds masses, Dorshi went down a storm with the locals and food-lovers alike with their offering of black pudding and pork dumplings, vegetarian dumplings, kara-age (buttermilk fried chicken) and pearl barley 'fried rice' with superfood salad.


Everything on our menu is freshly sourced and made on site which they pride themselves upon (and so they should). They even adapted this to their stint in Leeds by using local Yorkshire rapeseed oil from Wharfe Valley Farms and sourcing their meat from local butchers.

It was a great experience to meet such lovely people and see their passion in action and hear their stories about starting out as vendors. It has truly inspired me to 

As I say a sad farewell as they make their way back to Bridport, it is encouraging to know that Yorkshire has welcomed them with open arms and that they will be returning for events up North in the future. 

Bon voyage Dorshi!

 

2 comments:

  1. Those dumplings of theirs haunt my dreams - I'm so sad that they've gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! Have no fear... they are back for Veg Out at the end of May :)

      Delete