A healthyish take on the perfect cake for your cup of tea.
A loaf cake with texture, flavour and bite.
Ideal on it's own or slathered with a generous serving of your favourite jam.
OAT AND COCONUT CRUMB LOAF
175g Caster Sugar
1 1/2tsps Vanilla Essence
140g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
50g Dessicated Coconut
100ml Creme Fraiche (I used Half Fat)
2tbsps Demerera Sugar
1. Heat your oven to 180ºC and line a 2lb loaf tin with butter and greasproof paper.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar until creamy and fluffy and light in colour - It's quicker and easier to do this with an electric hand whisk.
3. Add the vanilla essence and eggs and whisk or beat until combined,
4. Add the desiccated coconut, oats, self raising flour and baking powder to the wet mixture and beat until combined. Add the creme fraiche to the mixture and if it still feels like the batter is too heavy then add milk until it loosens.
5. Place the cake mixtures into the lined cake tin and then scatter evenly with the crumb topping mixture.
6. Place on the middle shelf of your pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes until baked.
Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing from the tin.