Tuesday 18 December 2012

RECIPE | BANOFFEE PIE OATS


It's definitely porridge weather this week.
I have been having my trusty bowl every morning and I thought I'd share with you a lovely variation to liven things up on these chilly mornings!

Dessert for breakfast. OH YEAH.



BANOFFEE PIE OATS

Ingredients:

40g of Porridge Oats
200-300ml of water or milk depending on desired consistency (TIP: Almond milk is lovely)
1 Banana
Greek Yogurt
Dulche de Leche/Toffee Sauce (I use an Alpro caramel soya dessert)
Grated  Dark Chocolate (optional)



Instructions:
1.  Place the oats in a microwaveable bowl and cover with the water/milk. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
2.  Mash half of the banana and stir it into the oats. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3.  Top with fresh slices of the leftover banana, greek yogurt and drizzle with the toffee sauce – for an extra bit of morning decadence add grated dark chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment