Tuesday 4 March 2014

OUT AND ABOUT | THE NOONSHINE CAFE LAUNCH

 Last Friday lunch time I dashed over to Outlaws Yacht Club to get my hands on some tasty food from The Noonshine Cafe Launch.


A new lunch time pop up collaboration to happen every Friday at Outlaws Yacht Club between The Grub & Grog Shop, Noisette Bakehouse, North Star Micro Roasters and Leeds Bread Co-op.

Noonshine Cafe offers a range of salads, sandwiches and stews from The Grub & Grog Shop using Leeds Bread Co-op bread and sweet treats from Noisette Bakehouse. Chuck yourself a coffee in there from North Star Micro Roasters or a pint of ale from Magic Rock Brewing or Golden Owl Brewery and you're laughing... and all for a reasonable price of under a fiver!


Noonshine is supposedly meant to mean 'a light refreshment between meals', however this was hardly a light refreshment for me. Massive portions (I'm not complaining!) for a bargainous price for good quality, healthy and sustainably sourced food.

I went for the Salad option which was priced at £4 (if bought on its own) and was made up of Gin and grapefruit cured salmon, gian cous cous, pickled cucumber, caper berries, red chard and fresh grapefruit with a honey yoghurt dressing. 

It was absolutely delicious, but like most people who work a 9-5 Monday to Friday job you are lucky if you get half an hour for a break let alone an hour. Dashing from the other side of town to try this food left me with little time to actually eat. After a few snaps and a few mouthfuls I asked for a takeaway box and off I set back to work. That's right folks - you can eat in or takeaway with out any problems, hurrah!


Once work had finished I returned to Outlaws Yacht Club to see how the day had gone. I caught up with the traders and they had had a successful launch day. Hard workers as they are, The Grub & Grog Shop and Noisette Bakehouse continued to serve until into the early evening.


Pulling up a chair I embarked on my belated course #2 and enjoyed a delightful slice of a perfectly moist and cinnamon scented Apple Buckle Cake from Noisette Bakehouse, as well as a pint of ale from local Leeds micro-brewery Golden Owl Brewery (definitely a new favourite).


You can catch The Noonshine Cafe every Friday from 11am to 4pm at Outlaws Yacht Club.
I highly reccomend paying it a visit. It's a tasty and healthy lunch at an extremely reasonable price - and at the same time you are supporting your local independents!

No comments:

Post a Comment