Last week I was sent some gluten-free products from Nature's Path and rather than doing a boring old review post I thought I would use their products in a new recipe!
Photos: Nature's Path
I crafted a gluten-free recipe to pay homage to their delicious Nice and Nobbly Pumpkin, Almond and Raisin Granola (my favourite out of the products received). Deliciously tasty on its own as a snack or drenched in milk it does not taste like some of the other gluten-free cereal options out there which leave you hating on the thought of breakfast.
I bring you... gluten free Banoffee Granola Muffins!
Lovely moist muffins with surprising textures of crunchy granola and gooey melted fudge (even better when still runny and molten out the oven!). A sweet treat without being too heavy or as naughty as a banoffee pie... and they are gluten-free too. Win win.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins):
4 overly ripe bananas
4tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1tsp Vanilla Essence
250g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
100g Soft Brown Sugar
1 1/2tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and then add the rapeseed oil, eggs and vanilla essence and combine until mixed.
3. Add the sugar to this mixture and follow with the flour, sugar and baking powder.
4. Chop the fudge into small chunks and add 3/4s of this to the mixture along with 3/4s of the granola.
5. Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cases and scatter the remaining fudge and granola on top of the muffins.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.