Surpise surprise! It's another loaf cake...
This time I've used up some clementines (I have an abundance of the juicy fruit thanks to a great swag at Leeds Market the other day). It's a simple recipe and easy to make. It's also an all round pleaser and makes a nice little change to the traditional lemon drizzle.
175g Caster Sugar
1 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
Zest of 2 Clementines
175g Self-Raising Flour
1 1/2tsp Baking Powder
1tbsp Clementine Juice
Juice of 2 Clementines
80g Granulated Sugar
2tbsp Icing Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 180 and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Cream the butter and the sugar together with an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
3. Add the clementine zest, vanilla essence and eggs to the mixture and stir until combined.
4. Fold in the flour and the baking powder and mix together.
5. Add the clementine juice and milk to loosen the mixture into a light cake batter.
6, Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake on the center shelf of your oven for 40 minutes.
7. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and pierce the cake several times with a skewer.
8. Mix together the drizzle ingredients and pour generously over the cake whilst it is still in the tin.
9. Once the cake has cooled and the drizzle has set then it is ready to devour!