Cheesecake vs. Brownie.
A brilliantly dense and fudgey, gooey, oozey, creamy combo.
Decadently rich chocolate brownies complimented by a generous swirling of cheesecake mix.
125g Butter (or Margarine)
250g Dark Chocolate
1tsp Vanilla Essence
75g Plain Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
200g Cream Cheese
50g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 180 and grease and line a baking tin with baking paper.
2. Place the butter, sugar and 150g of the chocolate into a pan and melt on a low heat. Leave the mixture to cool for 5 minutes and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla essence.
3. Add the flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients, along with the rest of the left over dark chocolate chopped up into small chunks. Fold together until it is is mixed well. Pour 3/4s of the mixture into the baking tin.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and the caster sugar together and then dollop the mixture into the baking tin on top of the brownie mix.
5. Pour the rest of the brownie mixture into the baking tin and then using a skewer or a sharp knife swirl the mixture around so the brownie mixture combines with the cream cheese mixture to create a marbling effect.
6. Place in the centre shelf of your oven and bake for 35 minutes.