Saturday 20 April 2013

LIFESTYLE | FINAL COUNTDOWN

It's the final month of student life for me and it's all kicked off!

On Wednesday I handed in my hefty dissertation and now I am working towards my final essay and exam of the semester.


I've been busy baking in the Inkwell kitchen, over the last few weeks these beauties have been baked:


Toffee, Pecan and Banana Loaf



Orange and Poppyseed Cake with Chocolate Drizzle and Homemade Candy Peel



Raspberry Bakewell Cake (only got an Instagram pic - sorry!)



I've also started working in the kitchens at Opposite Cafe in Leeds - renound for it's superb coffee and amazing food with an always lively and buzzing atmosphere. I'm loving it. I am however very busy but still managing to fit in a good work/uni/life/playtime balance so GO ME.


Some highlights of "playtime" over the past few weeks have been...

#1   Losing my Brewdog Leeds virginity!

#2   Going to the preview for the new exhibition "Feast" at the Leeds Gallery and getting to try out the incredible Whisky Tornado creation by Bompas and Parr.

#3   Feeling 10 again and going bowling - dodgy dj, cheap drinks and £1.50 games... What could be better?

#4   Accidentally ending up at the new Jewish Artists in Yorkshire exhibition at the Stanley and Audrey Burton Gallery in the University of Leeds Parkinson building on my library break... free wine and a live klezmer band!

#5   Post-dissertation drinks and buffet. More free wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment