This is the recipe we used at Inkwell on Friday. This makes around 12 medium-large muffins.
250g Plain Flour
75g Rolled Oats
1tbsp Baking Powder
30g of Mixed Seeds
1tsp Vanilla Essence
75g Light Brown Sugar
2 Bananas (Ripe)
100g Crunchy Peanut Butter
50g Butter (Melted)
1. Preheat your oven to 190ºC and fill a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases (or alternatively you could use fairy cake cases and make 24 little muffins).
2. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the baking powder, rolled oats and mixed seeds.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until fluffy and mousse-like. Add the vanilla essence, 2 bananas (make sure they are mashed well), peanut butter, melted butter. Add the milk last.
4. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture - be careful not to over-mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. You can sprinkle over some extra oats and seeds at this point (I forgot to do this!).
6. Place the muffins in middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes (or until the top of the muffins spring back when you touch them).
7. Leave to cool for 20 minutes and dust with icing sugar for a pretty finish!
We also made some smaller muffins in cupcake cases and topped with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting and Grated Chocolate.