Perfect for dunking in a cup of hot milk or coffee. This is a fairly simple biscotti that can be easily adapted.
For this recipe I used a mixture of dark chocolate chips, chopped dates and chopped walnuts.
100g Caster Sugar
125g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
125g of Dried Fruit / Nuts / Seeds / Chocolate... get creative!
1. Preheat your oven to 180 celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk the egg, vamilla essence and sugar together until you have a mousse-like consistency.
3. Fold in the flour and baking powder, followed by the rest of the dry ingredients (fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc).
4. Flour a clean surface well and also flour your hands. Carefully scoop the (very loose) dough into your hands and keep working flour into it on the surface until it is no longer sticky.
5. Roll the dough into a long oblong log shape and place on the baking tray.
6. Place in the oven for 20 minutes and then remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Using a bread knife, cut the semi-cooked dough into 1-2" thick slices and then spread them out on the baking tray.
8. Place the biscotti slices back in the oven for a further 5 minutes then remove and cool.