Tuesday 6 November 2012

INSPIRATION | SEASONAL FOOD - APPLES


 It's cold. It's very, very cold.
I am jumpered up to the max, thermal tights aplenty and have a hot water bottle attached to me permanently like a little kangaroo baby. I need WARMTH.

Porridge is good. Soup is good also. But sometimes I want something a little sweet y'know?
So what better way to heat up your body than embracing some lovely British seasonal produce in the form of APPLES and turning them into a winter warmer.

Pictured above is one of my favourite ways to eat apples in the winter.
Stewed with cinnamon and topped with greek yogurt or custard (AKA baby food) and a variety of crunchy toppings. A quick fix for boosting up your internal thermostat.


Below is a list of relatively, quick, cheap and simple sweet AND savoury APPLE recipes to inspire you and keep you toasty:











(If you like the sound of this then check out my Apple and Custard Bread Pudding Recipe!)













No comments:

Post a Comment