Well hey there, would you look at that...another baking delight incorporating that funny green vegetable.
This one LOOKS and TASTES incredible and is also ridiculously easy to make.
STICKY MARMALADE COURGETTE LOAF
175g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
150g Brown Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
200g Grated Courgette
Zest of 2 Oranges
3tbsp of your favourite Marmalade.
40g Caster Sugar.
Juice + Zest of 1 Orange.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
3. Add the eggs individually until they are mixed in well.
4. Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture, followed by the grated courgette, orange zest and milk.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place on the middle shelf of your oven for 50-55 minutes.
6. To make the syrup: Heat the juice and zest of the orange in a pan and add the marmalade and sugar. Cook on a very low heat until a nice gloopy syrup forms.
7. Whilst the cake is still hot, take a skewer and jab the cake until your heart is content (this makes the cake extra moist as you are making nice little holes for the syrup to delve into).
8. Pour the sticky glaze over the loaf whilst it is still in the tin. Leave until cool and then remove it from the tin.
Even Paddington Bear would be proud.