Tuesday 14 January 2014

OUT AND ABOUT | BREW-DENELL BEER AND ALE FESTIVAL

(Apologies for the not even HALF decent pictures as my D-SLR is in for repair).

Last weekend saw the second Brew-denell Beer and Ale Festival grace one of my favourite haunts the Brudenell Social Club.


 Brew-denell is an independent beer and ale festival celebrating the joy of craft brewing.

 This year also featured live music (which I sadly missed) and food from local independents, including the new Leeds pop up The Grub and Grog Shop by the talented Jim Hirst and Dan Scalington (one's definitely to look out for this year).

With an array of regional, UK and worldwide ales available on cask and keg it was quite easy to get lost in all the tantalising descriptions.


For my grog, I opted for Kirkstall Brewery's Dissolution IPA and Siren Craft Brew's Soundwave IPA.
A sneaky taste of a few others in the deciding process were also approved of, including The Kernel's Pale Ale and Thornbridge Brewery's Jaipur IPA.


For my grub, I had the pleasure of diving into one of the last stews left from Made By Jim.
Before me appeared a beautiful bowl of beetroot, chickpea and tamarind stew, accompanied by Leeds Bread Co-op Sourdough. A dish rich in colour and packed full of fresh and complimenting flavours.

Yet another fantastic event celebrating independent food and drink in Leeds.

I look forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment